My Fitness Blog

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

So where are we?

I started posting my thoughts on fitness six weeks ago or so. I have been very diligent with both exercise and diet. My weight is down from 205-ish to 196-ish and I have greatly improved my eating habits and workout routines. My waist has gone more 37.75" to a shade over 36". My workout partner lost his job so I have been mostly working out solo but I am determined to get lean so my workouts in some ways have improved (although I definitely prefer a partner).

Constantly motivating yourself is essential. I read a chapter or a supplemental article from the author of Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle each day and I have been buying Men's Health magazines to read at home in the restroom or wherever. The constant motivation ... the pictures of fit people ... the new workout ideas ... adding core workouts to my routine ... some new fact about food supplements or some new research on which foods help you get healthier. I can't overstate that the constant consumption of knowlege helps keep my own health at the forefront. It helps me pass on unnecessary dessert or motivates me to get up and get the morning workout in. It teaches me to be progressive in my lifting and always try to add weight and/or reps to my schedule.

I read my goals. I have been thinking about them more. I think I will need to make some goal adjustments to motivate myself even more. I have made nice progress but I have so much farther to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home