My Fitness Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Everyday (Gym) Joes

Another motivating factor for me to really make a push to change my diet is the group of guys I call the gym-joes. And I am one of them. Basically, it is the same set of guys you see that the gym year after year and they do not look incredibly fit or any different than the first time you saw them. They all have my characteristics ... 35-50 years old. Unfashionable gym clothes. Do some cardio/some lifting at the gym 3+ times a week and build up a really good sweat ... but basically look the same. Probably take a couple weeks off here and there and weight cycles up and down +/- 5 pounds from their average weight. I am not dissing this crowd because doing what we are doing makes life so much better. Health is better ... sleep better ... less stress. All those things they publicize about exercise are true. But our metabolisms have slowed and the fat lingers around. I have not interviewed these guys, but I know myself and it all comes down to diet. If I can do what I am doing at the gym right now (cardio 3+ times and heavy lifting 3+ times a week) and I could I look a hell of a lot leaner ... why don't I? Why don't I make a lifestyle change and feel even better and look better and feel more confident? It all comes down to diet.

I win. My family wins. That motivates me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home