My Fitness Blog

Friday, October 12, 2007

More MOTO

My wife kids me that I make a big deal of things that are obvious. It is true. I am a bit weird that way. MOTO (Master of the Obvious).

Fitness and nutrition, if you base your knowledge on what you often read and see on the news, can be very confusing. Much of what you see is money-driven. Low carb, High carb, trans fat, target heart rate zones. All of this information has merit, but the way it is presented seems to focus more on PR than actually helping people. I would argue that if you strip back all the buzz words, the basics are obvious ... and you already know it.

Would you eat some whole foods or diet foods from a box or can? I bet you could argue that the diet bars are more nutritionally balanced and provide the exact ratios you need for optimal health. You could argue that, but what does your head tell you? Someone trying to sell you something will tell you to jump on these shakes and bars, but really, what is your body built to run?

This is just one example, but I feel like people just need to trust themselves more when it comes to nutrition. Ask anyone what their opinions on fitness are and you are sure to get an earful even if they are not even fit at all!

Be critical with what you hear. Trust yourself and you will be able to figure out what works for YOU and not someone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home